Wednesday, February 10, 2010

When you die, you die. 'After-life' and 'spirit' are false.?

Mankind 'invents' many things after death, as the fear of the unknown leads to fairytales. There is nothing, accept it.When you die, you die. 'After-life' and 'spirit' are false.?
My personal belief is that when you die the lights go out ... game over.





The first law of thermodynamics says energy cannot be destroyed (including the electrical signals of the brain I assume) so I guess there is some 'afterlife' - even the nitrogen released from our decaying bodies supports growth in plants.





If you are meaning a conscious afterlife I don't think so and would tend to support the contention that it is suggested to 'make sense' of life and, in some cases, force compliance with religious doctrine.





I don't have a problem with others believing there is an afterlife - but I personally am happy to RIP.





Peace out.When you die, you die. 'After-life' and 'spirit' are false.?
That isn't even a question.





What happens if you are wrong? What if there really is something? What if there really was a purpose to your life and you ignored it? That sure would suck, wouldn't it?





What happens if you are right? Nothing.





I'll take my chances as my beliefs give me hope and make me happy. When I die, I'll have lived a happy life in which I loved, served my family and friends, and made the world a better place. If that is the end, oh well. If that isn't the end--then I'll be better prepared for what is next. But guess what? It isn't the end!





Good luck to you though.
not true your molecules become part of all the available animals and plants in the vacinity.
How do YOU know there is nothing Mr. Know it all. There are many things in the universe and the way they work we do not yet fully understand and learn about every day. A closed EGO of course will never discover anything.
So I gather you've ';been there and done that';? You seem to have a first hand accounting of death. Are you dead?
How could say that for certain? What proof do you have that nothing happens to your ';soul'; after death?





I don't believe in the religious idea of Heaven, but I do believe that my soul travels on after death.
Another FAQ





Answer:





People misunderstand the correct model of life and death.





(1) Death is not the opposite of life (Dualism), Death is simply the ABSENCE of life.


(2) If death is nothing, then what were you before you was alive? You were nothing i.e. dead, so the correct order is lifer AFTER death and not the other way round like some people assume. So it is incorrect to say that no one has come back from death, since everyone that has life has come from death.





Hope that answers your question.





Anhar Hussain Miah
I wish you the best in you NOTHING AFTER DEATH theory. I'll pray that the Good Lord takes you to heaven rather than hell.
How do you know?
i won't know until after i die so i'll try to come back and answer this one okay?
Prove it?
And the Question is?
Your statement is not a question.
Well, none of us will know until we've been there and done it. If it helps some people to cope - let them believe in some kind of after-life. If you're okay with believing that at the moment of your death there's a big black nothing, that's cool, too.


Preaching one way or the other is not helpful. It's like (on a very mundane level) arguing over hairstyles.
Man 'invents' atheism to run away from moral accountability to God.
Actually, no, there is Nirvana. What would be the point of living if there was nothing afterward?
What you say is a true statement.....but it's not a question.
not really a question. Thus it deserves no answer





Luckily, we dont always get what we deserve, thats why if people try hard we will be happy in heaven.
Each to thier own thoughts. Personally......i think what u are saying is total bull and u are talking outa ur backside.
My religion (orthodox) does not accept the idea of life after death... and I strongly believe it!!!
me, personally, i dont believe in god. it dosnt make me a bad person, but i believe in reincarnation!!! i would like to think that my spirit would come back to live on in another life form!!!!
In my religious perspective, yes there is an afterlife.





That aside, I believe there isn't really a fear of the unknown. If there was absolutely nothing after death, and you simply cease to think/exist, then there is nothing to fear, hence no fear of the unknown.
I believe there is a God. I believe that God speaks through the Bible. As a Christian, I believe that when a person dies, they enter into complete oblivion - a state of non-existence. They remain unconscious; they have no self-awareness. Their body decays. At the time of the second coming of Jesus, the dead are called from their graves; they will be resurrected and judged. Those who had been saved while on earth will be given special bodies and go to Heaven; the unsaved will go to Hell for eternal punishment.


Because of this belief, I live my life to make sure that even if their is not an ';after-life'; or as you put it ';spirit'; that I will make it to heaven. What have I got to lose to live a life for God, He has been so good to me the least I can do is serve Him and let others know of His goodness to me.
depending on what you beleive in, if you follow the bible, both those things are not real. Demon are put out as ghosts and spirts to fool us into thinking that they are real. It is just something the devil has put out there to fool us
prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment