Monday, February 8, 2010

True or False: If the life of the fetus were truly the issue . . .?

';pro-life'; organizations would be focusing their resources on the science of being able to transfer a fetus from one womb to the another willing to carry it rather than making a woman bear the child conceived in her womb?





If you were considering termination of a pregnancy, would you consider ';giving away'; the fetus if your responsibilities terminated there?





On the flip side, would you be willing to have such a fetus implanted in you?True or False: If the life of the fetus were truly the issue . . .?
You might be surprized to get at least partial agreement from someone like me who supports a prolife amendment. I think that nonlethal pregnancy termination technology should be a major component of any successful effort to save most unborn babies who otherwise would be killed before birth.





I can't answer the final question about having a fetus implanted, but I'm not sure that is the only alternative. All the development of artificial organs makes me wonder if artificial wombs are not also feasible. They probably wouldn't be as good as natural wombs, but preferable to death I would think.





I have been pondering a question similar to the second one, but from the male perspective. Should an unwilling father (or mother for that matter) be allowed to trade his(/her) share of parental rights to willing adoptive parents in return for the adoptive parents accepting his/her share of parental responsibility? Of course some agency would have to approve the adoptive parents, and the other parent could retain the right to ';go it alone,'; rather than share custody or other parental rights. I wonder if such arrangements would reduce the incidents of men attacking their sex partners with the intent of causing a miscarriage, or trying to pressure or trick the mother of their unborn into taking an abortion causing drug.





Great question. Please consider discussing it further at www.yaktivist.com . I'd like to post your thoughts on these issues there.True or False: If the life of the fetus were truly the issue . . .?
Well, if it was medically posible, with no risk for me or the fetus, and the receiving mom, In an extreme case (rape, incest) I will certainly do it, it's better than killing the fetus.
That's interesting but what would the cost of all this be? If I couldn't have children I wouldn't care if I just wanted a baby that badly. If I was getting an abortion which I never would, but if they are going to murder the child I doubt very much if they care either way.
That is so retarded..and risky for all 3 parties that would have to be involved. Could be fatal.
  • Sweating Disorders
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment