Monday, February 8, 2010

I heard when your cat haves kittens it shorten their life ..ture or false?

I haven't heard that. My first cat was 11 when I got her. She was a show cat in her early days and a breeder after that. She had loads of kittens. I had to have her put down age 17. See her pics on the link below.I heard when your cat haves kittens it shorten their life ..ture or false?
my grandma had an outdoor cat that had three litters of kittens and lived to be 23. that's all the anecdotal evidence I've got. Either that cat was a superhero or most the stuff we are told about cats is not a hard and fast rule.I heard when your cat haves kittens it shorten their life ..ture or false?
That is completely false!!! My cat has had kittend seven times and she has lived over 15 years in human years!!!! I promise that it is not true!!
it's true
it is a myth
Reproduction itself no, but repeated litters of kittens can cause complications. The more litters they have the more likely there can be a complication. Not having proper nutrition for pregnant/nursing can eventually run down their systems and cause other health problems.


Spay and neutering cats is the best way to ensure their health.
true depening how much she has
well it just depends if birth goes well it will be fine but any problems it could shorten
can go either way.
its true in a round about way...





every litter takes a toll on her body.. and each litter is in itself a risk...


like women can die in child birth (and used too rather often without medical intervention)





every heat cycle increases a cats risk of certain types of cancers








overall when you think that 2 million cats/kittens are euthanized every year... her litter has another effect on limiting her life - if she gets out.. and winds up in a shelter - she will likely be put down - while kittens will be saved.. if even that
It is not true, though if a cat is spayed or neutered, it will live even longer
lol suppose for example humans get babys is that means thier life get short


i think its not related with age


cats have specific life time
true

No comments:

Post a Comment