Friday, February 12, 2010

';Believing in the afterlife makes life better'; True or False? Why? Why not? Please state your faith.

Merry Christmas to Christians, Eid Mubarak to Muslims and Happy New Year to everyone :)


Peace';Believing in the afterlife makes life better'; True or False? Why? Why not? Please state your faith.
Yes, that is true.


I'm a free thinker but I wish there is really a place afterlife.';Believing in the afterlife makes life better'; True or False? Why? Why not? Please state your faith.
It sure does make some of the difficulties more bearable. If we know that something better is right around the corner, we keep going.
I am Muslim and thank you for your Eid wishes. I think believing in an afterlife makes life better. If I didnt believe in the afterlife then I am sure I would think that is was the opposite. But this belief of life after death gives us hope, it gives us something to look forward to, a place to meet our maker, a place to be reunited with loved ones, a place to finally be happy without the worries and troubles of life on earth. If I were to not believe in this after life I think it would be a sad thing. I would feel like I was in such a rush to get this and that done because once I die that is it. But since I believe in life after death I feel that I will continue on and that makes me happy. I know many disagree but this is my opinion. May God bless you all in 2007.
This is false to me. I have a purpose on this earth. I believe in taking care of those around me, and making a positive difference for all. I need to concentrate on this life.





A Christian.
Personally, I feel that many peoples' belief in an afterlife actually makes life here worse. These people tend to forgo making this world better...they only seek their ';prize'; in the afterlife. They care so much for the next life that the neglect to work on the one they are currently in.
'; For the wages of sin is death, but the Gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ';- Romans 6





'; Eye has not seen, nor ear heard , neither has it entered the heart of man , the things that God has prepared for them that love Him';.
False! Because you don't realize how precious life is! You take your loved ones for granted because you think, we will be together in heaven forever.
false, because it makes this life less important and turns it into a contest for god's love in order to reach that afterlife. If there is no afterlife, it makes living this life for the betterment of all mankind the purpose instead of developing a relationship with God....although the religious seem to ALWAYS fail to grasp this point.....like the person below me.


Ariana, we have pleanty to live for....EACH OTHER








atheist
life is a dress rehersal for the life after;


which is eternal life.
I am Christian, and anything that reveals greater purpose in life is definitely better in my opinion, so yes.
Why do you need the threat of eternal suffering to make you consider your actions? Since I haven't died, I can't tell you if it exists or not. But I refuse to believe in all that Christian mumbo-jumbo; there are too many illogical inconsistencies to take it seriously.





If the time you have on Earth is but a blink of the eye compared to an eternity of supposed afterlife, why should you strive to accomplish anything while you are here? If even the smallest transgression will send you to hell until the end of time, what's the point in living?





I think believing in an afterlife does nothing but stifle a person's true potential.
theres no such thing as the after life. im a christan and god is a really powerful man i think he can think of enough people without using them over again in the ';after life';
I am of the Christian faith (Protestant); no, I am not perfect,


but I believe God forgives our sins if we believe that Christ


died on the cross to save our sins. This happened 2006 years


ago; we live only approx. 75 years. Through the ages people


have died for this belief; who are we to mock them?
If ';belief'; means ';trusting assuradly'; then it does make for a much better life because we know the God of our salvation and His plans for us.





Heb 4:8-5:1


9 There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10 for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his. 11 Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience.





12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.





14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet was without sin. 16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.





(from New International Version)
Before Life and After Life is the same Life. There is no such thing as death or birth . You 'Are' and; always have been and always will 'Be'.


Stop believing in believing and start Experiencing.


There is no Higher Religion than Truth!


Truth=Energy=Light=Physic! All experiencable.
Life is not a dress rehearsal.
Overall I think it makes people think that the here and now isn't as important as the promise of the afterlife. Maybe that's why the world is turning to poop. Too many people are not caring.
really there is no good answer to your question, it just depends on the individual, some people are happy with what they have and others need to belive in something to make life worth it through the hard times they will encounter if you belive in God or whatever faith you belive in, sometimes you just need to think that there is more to life then what we see or have on a aily basis
True. To strive for a life with-out death, man will always search for his way home. Child of light from the light that gives life.
True.





Because it makes us a better person, knowing that if not in this world, our actions will be judged in the Hereafter.





And I am a Muslim.





Merry Christmas, Happy Eid al-Adha, Happy New Year, peace and love back at ya!





=)
i am catholic. honestly yes and no no because you are unable to do somw things we may want to, becaue god would punish us for it, but yes because it gives us something to look forward to
Roman Catholic. It does, because without it, we have noting to live for. Even if there is no afterlife, isn't it better thinking there is?
True It would be very sad and pointless if this was all there is,the knowledge that we have an eternal soul,and there is always hope is badly needed and necessary for human society.Just the realization that we are spiritual beings having a human experience not humans having a spiritual experience.
True because as family and friends pass i hate to think i will never see them again. plus i'd like to get some kind of reward for my good deeds.
I am Methodist- I think it gives us hope that there is life after death. Therefor bringing us peace while we are living and comfort to the families of a deceased person. Knowing this, makes me less afraid of dieing, when it is my time. Faith is a powerful thing. Peace to all...
It just seems to me like with no real solid evidence of an after life existing, if you're going to live your life in such a way that will get you in to heaven but be less fun now, then you potentially just wasted all your years of existance.





While for some it keeps them within the lines of good behavior and rightous thought, studies have shown that while it teaches the correct message (be a good person), it teahces it in the wrong way (through fear of God) and can have effects on a person that negatively influence how they live later on in life.
I'm a Christian, and Heaven last forever.


It's wonderful to know that with the death of your body


your Soul goes to God. He will decide if you will have


life ever lasting.
True. it gives you a purpose in life. If you believe there is an afterlife, you will know that your life is not for nothing. it also gives you responsibility. if you think there is no afterlife, than you probably think that you can do whatever you want because after you die, that's it and God doesn't care. Also believing in an afterlife gives you hope because you know that this sinful world isn't as good as it gets and that one day it will be over and you can go to heaven. So yes, believing in an afterlife makes life better because it gives you purpose,responsibility, and hope. I am Lutheran.
No beleif in the after life is quiet depressing to everyone.


If you are a christian or muslim you are guranteed to go to hell.


If you are an atheist (as most of the world is) than the christians and muslims will attempt to send you to hell.


if you beleive in religion than you know god is a terrible nightmare to those who fall into his rleam.


To atheist we will die and og bakc to the dust we came form, and become a part of the system which is natural. In a sense you do have an after life as you will beocme a part of the planet as your body becoems dust, and gases. eventually your planet will deterate into dust and gases and become a part of the universe as such. eventually than you will become part of some far future sola system and may soem time in the far future become a part of another plantary system which evolves life form whjihc the tinest part is you.


Don't expect any recognization of that .:):)
For me, that is false. I don't believe in the afterlife, and this makes me focus on this life.





I wonder, would it be more difficult for a suicide bomber to strap on that bomb if he/she wasn't so sure of being rewarded in the afterlife?





I can't state my faith, because I don't have one.
THE AFTERLIFE IS SOMETHING THAT GIVES COMFORT, CAN YOU IMAGINE THE ALTERNATIVE? I THINK THAT BEING ABLE TO RE-UNITE WITH LOVED ONES LIVING IN A PLACE THAT IS FULL OF COMFORT AND LOVE IS THE BEST THING O BELIEVE IN. DON'T GET ME WRONG I LOVE LIFE HERE ON EARTH BUT IT IS ALL NOT WONDERFUL WHEN YOU ADD UP THE DAYS YOU ARE REALLY REALLY HAPPY VERSES THE EVERDAY LIFE OF SICKNESS AND PAIN YOU HAVE TO REALIZE THERE IS A BETTER PLACE. I LOOK AT IT LIKE ITS KIND OF A REWARD FOR THE WAY YOU LIVED HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment